This program is designed to help clarify one of the most influential and consequently most maligned philosophies of our time. Humanism has arisen in every culture and in every time and yet very few people know what it is and why it has been so influential.
Written by Jennifer Hancock this Introduction to Humanism DVD is broken into 6 sections covering:
- Definition of Humanism
- History of Humanism
- Humanism’s relationship to religion
- Central Values of Humanism
- Famous Humanists
- And Frequently Asked Questions about Humanism
This video serves as a good resource for individuals looking to learn more about the philosophy and for groups looking to provide an introduction to the philosophy for their newer members.
Total viewing time: 41 minutes
What people are saying about An Introduction to Humanism
- Pretty cool, I guess this confirms what I already knew and foremost embraced about myself and life in general. What would the world look like without humanist? That makes me indeed one! Thank you for the video.
- Thanks for posting this video. Its helpful to get a refresher on some of the core points of humanism from time to time.
- You’ve made a great video Jennifer. I really hope more people watch it as it is a great overview of the humanist philosophy.
- Thanks for this. Very interesting. I’m amazed that it is a maligned philosophy. I’m almost embarrassed to admit I am one…like coming out of the closet!
- Excellent presentation. Informative. Professional.
- Very good video, I’m suprised at how many people you listed that I had heard of, but did not know were Humanists.