Humanist Thought of the Week: Feb 5 2008
5 good reasons why being a skeptic will save you money.
- You won’t get duped into giving your life savings to a palm reader.
- You won’t be duped into giving your money to religious leaders promising you medical miracles when what you really need is a doctor.
- You won’t be duped into giving your money to someone in Nigeria who has promised you a portion of a multi-million dollar fortune illicitly gained.
- You won’t be killed by someone in Nigeria who promised you millions of dollars in a scam.
- Because you are skeptical of headlines – you rarely open Spam emails and therefore are less likely to have you’re your computer destroyed by a virus.
Being a skeptic really can save you a lot of money.